Can Do claims to be the management software for all areas of the project world and for all roles. Whether project management or resource management: The app structure of the software platform allows Can Do to be tailored to all users and to provide them with dedicated tools and individual benefits. This article is dedicated to the benefits for project managers resp. project controllers.
Project controller - a definition of terms
"Project management" as an always identical construct in the company probably does not exist in daily practice. The differences begin with various methodologies and frameworks, continue with divergent approaches such as classic, agile or hybrid project management, and extend to the individual roles: A separate PMO has not yet been established in every company, and the distribution of roles in practice is not always as clear as the theory suggests.
This continues with the project controller: In some companies, this is a role that supports a project manager in taking corrective action. In other companies, the project controller is synonymous with the project manager. In this article, "project controller" is intended to mean any managerial role that can directly influence project control. And does so in order to bring a project successfully to the finish line - in time, in quality, in budget.
Project controllers: How they benefit from Can Do
Can Do is the management software that provides those responsible for project control with valuable tools and functions to guide projects successfully to the finish line on schedule. These include
- Hybrid project management: the target-oriented combination of agile project teams and classic project management.
- Skill management: the further development of resource management, thanks to which project teams are put together in the best possible way on the basis of the skills of their members.
- Artificial intelligence: the technology that provides project controllers with real-time recommendations for action.
Can Do is thus positioned as a project management solution that offers you as a project controller a whole range of benefits - five of which we would like to present here:
Can Do: These are 5 benefits für project controllers
1. Better Controlling
Among other things, the project controller ensures that the projects he or she manages "stay on track". In other words, they ensure that the budget, time, and desired quality of the projects remain within the set limits. Here, project controllers receive support from Can Do in several respects:
- Can Do's AI is able to provide a realistic risk assessment of ongoing projects at any time - even in the most extensive portfolio environments. In addition, project managers / project controllers can receive concrete recommendations for action.
- Can Do monitors projects in real time and provides maximum transparency for all project parameters.
- Project controllers can get a comprehensive overview of milestones and project goals at any time.
2. Better communication
Project controllers / project managers are also responsible for the reports that go to the stakeholders. Can Do has interfaces to Office software and can output these reports in such a way that they are both visually appealing and convincing in terms of content.
3. Better staffing
Project managers / controllers assemble teams for their projects - or have this done by resource management software, especially in larger companies. Here, too, it pays off for project controllers to use Can Do, because:
- Can Do assembles teams in such a way that the necessary skills for a project are optimally bundled.
- Can Do also implements automated resource management within larger portfolios, both across departments and across the company.
- Can Do's AI recognizes realistic overloads in real time and can flexibly distribute resources.
4. Better planning
In this case, "better" means "more realistic": On the one hand, project managers / project controllers should specify the targets for their projects as precisely as possible. On the other hand, even for projects of medium complexity, it is hardly possible to give and keep an exact time specification for a successful project end: There are usually simply too many people involved in a project to be able to give a detailed, accurate forecast. Can Do takes this into account and makes it possible - for the first time for many project managers - to work with imprecise timelines (e.g. "in the first quarter", "during the next 10 to 14 days"). This makes project planning more human and realistic.
5. Better acceptance
Project controllers also have to ensure that project staff work together, identify with the goals of the project, and support the decisions of the project managers. Can Do also supports them in this: The management software helps support project management actions with facts, transparency, and AI insights. This increases the credibility of project control and thus the motivation of all project participants.
Can Do: many more benefits for your PM
We have already described it at the beginning: Project management varies greatly. This applies from company to company, but also within an organization. And so it may be that in your company project controllers enjoy completely different advantages when they use Can Do for project management / project control. To find out how Can Do can make your project management - and therefore your company - more efficient and successful, we recommend: Book your personal demo! In just three steps you can find out for yourself what Can Do can do for your project management. And this is aligned with your individual use case. So: When will you put Can Do to the test?