The cooperation of IDV AG with Can Do in the field of nearshore projects was the topic of yesterday's expert exchange@Home, in which many guests and participants took part and provided for a lively discussion with numerous chat contributions.
Since 2016, Can Do GmbH has been operating an outsourcing project in the nearshore variant together with IDV AG. This means the outsourcing of individual work or IT projects in #software development. During yesterday's exchange of experts, Thomas Schlereth, managing director of Can Do GmbH and Robert Strassmeir, executive board member of IDV AG and project manager, exchanged the reasons for outsourcing and potential pitfalls from the client's and customer's point of view on the basis of a field report. The speakers also presented the process of digital project planning, which is based on the model of hybrid project management with JIRA, and reported on learnings and optimizations in the course of the cooperation.
Thomas Schlereth, our managing director and head of development, mentioned as reasons for outsourcing:
- Shortage of skilled labour versus high personnel requirements at the Munich location
- High cost of living in Munich
- Great effort and high costs for personnel recruitment
IDV AG and Can Do GmbH also exchanged their experiences on the joint nearshoring project and named the following advantages of this model:
- The regional proximity - in contrast to offshoring: this means that colleagues can also be on site.
- Common time zones, so that one can communicate during civil office hours
- Common culture and fewer language barriers
We would like to thank IDV AG Individuelle Softwarelösungen for the great organization of the virtual exchange of experts and all guests for their participation and the lively chat. Would you like to learn more about hybrid project management? Then we recommend our Whitepaper!